This topic is provided to help administrators and developers migrate specific features to the 18.3 release.
The ETL module has been removed from the Community Edition and the functionality has migrated to the dataintegration
module, available with all Premium Editions. Premium clients will not experience any change in functionality or interruption in service.
The announcement made on the Developer Forum about this change can be found here
with premium clients who have enlisted in the version control project
and will be using ETLs in 18.3 and beyond will need to take the following steps in order to continue to use the premium 'dataintegration' module from Git. (Learn more about working with Git modules here).
- To obtain access, you will need to provide your LabKey Account Manager with the username of your GitHub account if you have not already done so.
- Clone the dataintegration module into your optionalModules directory.
- Sync your svn enlistment to remove the old svn module.
- Add a line like this to your settings.gradle file:
- Execute these two commands in this order to ensure that you clear out the old copy and are solely building and running the module from Git:
Create Chart View
The deprecated chart creation tool will be removed in 18.3 and existing chart views created by users will be automatically migrated to the updated implementation.
Premium subscribers have access to a variety of LabKey features outside of the community edition as well as professional support. Learn more about LabKey Premium Editions
Windows Installer Decommission
The LabKey Server Windows-only Graphical Installer will be decommissioned as part of the 18.3 release in November 2018. Moving forward, virtual machine images will be provided with each release as an alternate method for evaluating LabKey Server on-premise. We encourage new users looking to evaluate LabKey Server to take advantage of the cloud-hosted trial version of LabKey Server.
Documentation will be provided with the 18.3 release to help ensure a smooth transition for teams currently using the graphical installer to update their LabKey Server installations.