This topic shows how to register a new nucleotide sequence using the graphical user interface. To register using the API, or to bulk import sequences from an Excel spreadsheet, see Use the Registry API
To add a new nucleotide sequence to the registry:
From the header bar, select Registry > Nucleotide Sequences
On the Nucleotide Sequences
page, click Insert New
Nucleotide Sequence Wizard
The wizard has two tabs:
- On the Register a new Nucleotide Sequence page, in the Details panel, enter the following:
- Description: (Optional) A text description of the sequence.
- Alias: (Optional) Alternative names for the sequence. Type a name, click enter when complete. Continue to add more as needed.
- Nucleotide Sequence Parents: (Optional) Parent components. A related sequence the new sequence is derived from, for example, related as a mutation. You can select more than one parent. Start typing to narrow the pulldown menu of options.
- Sequence: (Required) The nucleotide sequence
- Annotations: (Optional) A comma separated list of annotation information:
- Name - a freeform name
- Category - region or feature
- Type - for example, Leader, Variable, Tag, etc.
- Start and End Positions are 1-based offsets within the sequence.
- Click Next.
- To register the nucleotide and register the corresponding protein, click Finish and translate protein. This option will take you to the registry wizard for a new protein, prepopulating it with the protein sequence based on the nucleotide.
- To register the nucleotide and finish, click Finish.