Set Up an Assay Folder
An Admin must set up a folder with the necessary assay web parts.
- Create a folder. Create a folder of type Assay or Study.
- Assay-type. Creating an assay-type folder allows you to set up a staging area for assays, separate from other types of data. If you choose to set up an assay-type folder, you will need to set up a separate study folder (steps described below) before you can publish quality-controlled assay data to a study.
- Study-type. Creating a study-type folder places all assay and study data in one place and does not provide a separate staging area for assay data. If you do not care about separating assay data before it has undergone review, you can choose this option.
- View or add the "Assay List" web part. The assay list provides a summary of available assays. You must be in > Page Admin Mode to add web parts.
- For assay-type folders: This web part is automatically included.
- For study-type folders: Choose Assay List from the Select Web Part drop-down menu, then click Add.
The Assay List
web part is the starting place for digging deeper into information about assays contained within the folder or related folders. It lists assays located in any of the following places:
- Current folder
- Folders in the same project, including non-parent folders
- The Shared project
project gives you a way to share data across projects. It is automatically created when you install LabKey. Assay designs added to the Shared project are available within all assay-enabled projects on your folder through the Assay List
For additional information, see: Design a New Assay
Other Assay Web Parts
Additional assay web parts can be added to a portal to display information for specific assays:
- Assay Batches - Displays a list of batches for a specific assay.
- Assay Runs - Displays a list of runs for a specific assay.
- Assay Results - Displays a list of results for a specific assay.
Each of these can be configured to show or hide buttons above the displayed data grid.
Copy to Study
You can copy quality-controlled assay results into a study when these results are ready for broader sharing and integration with other data types. The target study can exist in the same folder as your assay list or in a separate one. Assay results are copied into a study as datasets.
If you plan to publish your assay data to a study, create or customize a study-type folder. If you want to avoid creating a separate study folder you may also enable study-features in an existing assay-type folder:
- Select Admin > Folder > Management.
- Choose the Folder Type tab.
- Select Study and click Update.
For more details, please see Folder Types